Obama claims “I’m a Christian by choice” but governs as a Muslim
“I’m a Christian by choice,” said President Obama yesterday on the campaign trail, losing his mid-term elections and trying to win Christian votes. Obama seeks to overcome public opinion polls in which 18% say he is Muslim and 43% say Obama’s religion is unknown. But here’s my question: Why does he campaign like a Christian, but govern like a Muslim?
1) While governing, Obama said, “I am a Muslim, the son of a Muslim father and stepson of a Muslim stepfather, my half-brothers in Kenya are Muslims, and I am sympathetic to the Muslim agenda,” during a private meeting with Egyptian Foreign Minister Abul Gheit last year.
2) “Whatever we once were, we are no longer a Christian nation,” Obama told Sojourners.
3) “John McCain has not criticized my Muslim faith,” Obama told ABC.
4) Obama has twice celebrated Muslim Ramadan with big banquets, but twice refused any White House ceremony for the Judeo-Christian National Day of Prayer.
5) The Obama Administration defended seizing and burning our troops Christian Bibles, but made a big deal when a Christian minister almost desecrated his own Korans.
6) Obama repeatedly defends building a “Victory Mosque” at Ground Zero, but would never ask the Saudi or Afghan governments to allow Christians to build churches.
7) Obama praised Islam as “a great religion and its commitment to justice and progress” in his address to Muslims translated into many languages for worldwide distribution.
While campaigning, however, Obama needs Christian votes to keep his majority in Congress, so now he says: “I came to my Christian faith later in life…my mother didn’t raise me in the church…it was because the precepts of Jesus Christ spoke to me…Jesus Christ dying for my sins spoke to the humility we all have to have as human beings, that we’re sinful and we’re flawed and we make mistakes, and that, you know, we achieve salvation through the grace of God…That’s what I pray to do every day. I think my public service is part of that effort to express my Christian faith.” [But when governing Obama promotes tax-funded abortions, homosexualizes our military against their will, and appoints Judges like David Hamilton who ruled it’s illegal to pray “in Jesus’ name,” but totally OK to pray to Allah in public.] Does anybody see the duplicity here?