The relationship between Israel and the U.S. “will only be strengthened in the months and years to come,” Obama said in a special statement.
“Minutes after David Ben-Gurion declared Israel’s independence, realizing the dream of a state for the Jewish people in their historic homeland, the United States became the first country to recognize Israel,” Obama said.
“To this day, we continue to share a strong, unbreakable bond of friendship between our two nations, anchored by the United States’ enduring commitment to Israel’s security,” Obama continued.
Obama also said his administration would continue to work toward a two-state solution to the Israeli-Palestinian conflict.
“I look forward to continuing our efforts with Israel to achieve comprehensive peace and security in the region, including a two-state solution, and to working together to counter the forces that threaten Israel, the United States, and the world,” he said.
- Hamas — with whom Obama’s underlings are negotiating?
- Fatah — on whom Obama is lavishing all kinds of money and weapons?
- Hezbollah — against whom Obama is doing nothing?
- Syria — formally considered to be a terrorist state which has just delivered scud missiles to Hezbollah, but with whom Obama is now dealing as if it were a normal state?
- The Islamic Republic of Iran — which is rapidly developing nuclear weapons and against which Obama is doing nothing?
- The Organization of the Islamic Conference (OIC) which refuses to recognize Israel’s right to exist as a Jewish state but to whom Obama just named an ambassador who shares the OIC’s Islamist views?
- Saudi Arabia — which is in the forefront of spreading agressive, anti-Semitic imperialist Islam, but to whose king Obama bowed?
- Islam itself — which Obama says is a religion of peace which has contributed so much to Western civilization and America?