Center for Vigilant Freedom
June 27, 2007
Protect Liberty, Counter Sharia, Defeat Jihad
Two urgent matters need your help.
1. First, your phone call or fax to the White House first thing in the morning will help limit the damage from President Bush’s new “inclusive” approach to radical Islamists. Bush is addressing the Washington Islamic Center today (Wednesday, June 27) in Washington DC at 11:30 a.m., and possibly starting a major initiative to INCLUDE Islamist groups like CAIR, the Muslim American Society and Muslim Student Association in an even closer relationship with the White House and executive agencies. He will be speaking at the most important, Saudi-funded, extremist, Wahhabist mosque in the country.
It’s bad enough that he is helping celebrate the entry of Wahhabi extremism into the USA. But if he must commemorate this mosque, let’s tell him what we think needs to be said – today and every day in the future…
Please contact the White House – here are some talking points to put in your own words (posted also at Gates of Vienna blog):http://gatesofvienna.blogspot.com/2007/06/sir-have-you-no-shame.html
We have also included a personal letter from Gates of Vienna to President Bush that speaks to the great dilemma we face with the White House outreach to Islamist groups who are not friends of America, appended to the end of this email and linked here:
An Open Letter to President George Bush: http://gatesofvienna.blogspot.com/2007/06/open-letter-to-president-george-w-bush.html
From the Baron at Gates of Vienna:
“Bloggers: we need to blog on this, and have our readers light up the phones at the White House tonight and tomorrow.
The Administration claims to want to shut down terrorist groups. The groups represented at the President’s speech include CAIR, MPAC, ISNA, etc., which are known cover groups and fronts for the architects and funding sources of the Muslim Brotherhood and related Islamic terror groups. The President must state his firm commitment to shutting down these terror groups.
The President must make the point that Islam as it is practiced by many of these groups is not a religion, but a political ideology which seeks to dominate the rest of us by force.
The groups invited to and/or sponsoring this event must disavow Hamas, Hizbullah, etc. specifically and by name and not just utter generalized mealy-mouthed condemnations of “all kinds of terrorism”. Those who will not join in such a denunciation are de facto apologists and supporters of the jihad groups.
The leaders of these groups have not addressed the criminal and immoral attacks on civilians by Islamic suicide bombers and terrorists. This must change. They must publicly and clearly denounce these attacks as unacceptable and un-Islamic.
Any effort to implement the above changes is routinely denounced as “racism” and “Islamophobia”. The President must make clear that opposing political Islam is not any of these things; it is an honorable, patriotic, and morally justified enterprise in defense of human liberty.
– – – – – – – – – –
These groups must be compelled to acknowledge that extremist and violent Islam is a real, widespread, and serious problem, and not just a figment of the “infidel” imagination. They must be seen publicly to join in the movement to denounce and resist it.
The Islamic groups which encourage their followers not to cooperate with the police, the FBI, and other law-enforcement agencies are not just being unhelpful, they are breaking the law.
The groups involved in this event have routinely denounced the “Zionist lobby”. It should be stated explicitly that this is an unacceptable attack on the pluralism of American society.
The focus on Israel as the putative cause of all Islamic violence must stop.
We call on President Bush to state publicly and forcefully that the Muslim Brotherhood, which is behind many of these “charities” and lobbying groups, is a dangerous, violent, and subversive entity which threatens the security of the United States and the entire Western world. It must be delegitimized and put beyond the pale of acceptable social action.
George W. Bush
The White House
1600 Pennsylvania Ave. N.W.
Washington D.C. 20500
2. Also tomorrow,Wedneday June 27, also at 11:30 a.m., the Senate Committee on Homeland Security and Government Affairs is holding the following hearing:
|Title: Violent Islamist Extremism: The European Experience|
|Time (EST): 11:30 AM|
|Place: Dirksen Senate Office Building, Rm. 342|
The last 2 witnesses, Lynn Martin and Farooq Kathwari of the so-called Task Force for Muslim American Civic and Political Engagement, just presented a set of recommendations in a conference yesterday, June 26, recommending the inclusion in government of undicted conspirators to acts of terrorism such as CAIR and the Islamic Society of North America.
See the report created by an aggressive team of Islamist organizations, recommending bringing extremist Muslim groups into all sectors of government and national security to take over: http://www.thechicagocouncil.org/UserFiles/File/Task%20Force%20Reports/Strengthening%20America%20Report.pdf
The website summarizing yesterday’s conference is here:
If your senator is a member of the Senate Committee on Homeland Security and Government Affairs (see member list below the questions), please direct him or her to ask the following questions of witnesses Martin and Kathwari…..and of course, please add your own!
1. Most of the groups who helped author the report, which recommended huge increases in grants and support for all Muslim organizations, are likely to also receive those future grants. Why would the witnesses lend their reputations to such an obvious conflict of interest and violation of common sense ethics? How much were the witnesses paid to produce the report, conduct the task force project or otherwise involve themselves in this project over 18 months? Who paid them? What were the sources of the money?
2. Congressional investigations, executive agency reports and investigative journalists have repeatedly exposed the tens of millions of dollars going to Muslim American associations from Saudi Arabia, the UAE and other Islamic states to expand their lobbying and PR machines . Can these witnesses cite instances where Christian, Jewish, Bahai or Hindu groups in these Islamic states have been permitted equal rights to lobby those governments, practice their religions, or in fact gathered in any religious expression without being jailed? Have they personally ever asked for equal treatment of other religions in the countries which are sending tens of millions of dollars to American Muslim groups to ask for special accomodations in the US, superior to the rights of other religions?
3. Have they now or in the past received any payments as agents of a foreign power to represent any of the Islamic countries sending tens of millions of dollars to the Islamist lobby ? Have they or any group with which they are affiliated received any grants or contracts from a foreign power? Are they registered as an agent of a foreign power? If not, why not, if they are representing the interests of foreign powers such as Saudi clerics and the Muslim Brotherhood?
4. Their report includes task force members whose organizations, such as CAIR, are associated with terrorist groups such as Hamas . Do the witnesses themselves specifically support Hamas, Hezbollah, or the Muslim Brotherhood? Have they had any communications, or received any payments from Hamas, Hezbollah, or any groups in the US or elsewhere associated with the Muslim Brotherhood? Do they anticipate, after publishing their report and testifying before this committee, to receive future payments from such organizations?
5. The Task force members include members of two assocations – CAIR and ISNA – who are named as unindicted co-conspirators by federal prosecutors in the Holy Land investigation starting in Dallas Texas on July 16 (http://www.worldnetdaily.com/news/article.asp?ARTICLE_ID=56009 ). CAIR is a spinoff of the defunct Islamic Association for Palestine, launched by Hamas leader Mousa Abu Marzook and former university professor Sami al-Arian, who pleaded guilty last year to conspiracy to provide services to Palestinian Islamic Jihad. Several CAIR staffers have been convicted on terrorism-related charges, and CAIR founder Omar Ahmad allegedly told a group of Muslims they are in America not to assimilate but to help assert Islam’s rule over the country. Yet your report, in the section on national security, states “Public statements by senior officials acknowledging the significance of Muslim American contributions to national security and emphasizing the importance of not holding any group accountable for the actions of a few would help build public acceptance and understanding of the community.” Is it your position that groups such as CAIR and ISNA should not be held accountable for their affiliation with terrorist groups such as Hamas and their refusal to disavow Hamas by name?
|Joseph I. Lieberman Chairman (ID) (CT)||Susan M. Collins Ranking Member (ME)|
|Carl Levin (MI)||Ted Stevens (AK)|
|Daniel K. Akaka (HI)||George V. Voinovich (OH)|
|Thomas R. Carper (DE)||Norm Coleman (MN)|
|Mark L. Pryor (AR)||Tom Coburn (OK)|
|Mary L. Landrieu (LA)||Pete V. Domenici (NM)|
|Barack Obama (IL)||John Warner (VA)|
|Claire McCaskill (MO)||John E. Sununu (NH)|
|Jon Tester (MT)|
For contact information for your senators, please go to http://www.congress.org, select Congress in the left column, and enter your zip code for complete telephone and fax information.
Gates of Vienna
Foothills of the Blue Ridge, VA
June 26, 2007
President George W. Bush
The White House
1600 Pennsylvania Avenue NW
Washington, DC 20500
Dear Mr. President:
I write to you with great sadness, the kind of despair that descends on one after hopes have been dashed many times, after repeated betrayals by a leader who said what I wanted to hear, but whose actions have not lived up to his words.
You have a chance to redeem yourself with the many millions who voted for you. At 11:30 a.m., when you speak tomorrow at the Washington Islamic Center, you could put all of our hearts at ease if you change the direction and tenor of your communications to Muslims in this country.
Sir, you must stand up for our pluralist values. You must ask the Muslims you address tomorrow to disavow the Islamists who were responsible for September 11th. You must forcefully tell them to rein in their children in this country, twenty-five per cent of whom think suicide bombing attacks are a justifiable and honorable way to deal with the enemy.
You must name the enemy out loud to the Muslims you will be addressing. You must specifically condemn Hamas and Hezbollah by name. It is not sufficient or honorable for you, as the sitting President, to vaguely refer to “terrorists.” It is imperative that you say it: Islam as it is practiced by many of these groups is not a religion, but a political ideology which seeks to dominate the rest of us by force.
You must tell these Muslims – at least the ones who are American citizens – that it is wrong to refer to Israel or to American Jews as the “Zionist lobby.” You know very well there is a vocal Muslim lobby in this country. You must address them directly: if they do not refrain from anti-Semitic remarks, then you, as a Texan, will speak forthrightly about the powerful, well-funded Islamist lobby, led by the Muslim Brotherhood and its followers and fellow-travelers.
You must tell those in the audience at the Islamic Center – funded by the Wahhabist Saudis – that they are obliged to begin demonstrating American-style moderation, that they must cease their demands for special privilege and their claims that jihadism does not exist. You know their claims are lies, Mr. President, and you must tell them you know it. Otherwise you are merely another politician whose soul has a price – and you will be thusly judged by your fellow Americans and by history.
It is your job to give direction and leadership to all of us, including the Muslims who live here. Tomorrow you have a shining opportunity; I beg you not to tarnish it with weasel words and untruths. Your people have had all they can take, sir, and they need you.
You have sent men into battle to fight the enemies of America. Do not betray your soldiers by refusing to speak up in their behalf in front of this group. Their lives are in your hands; if you let them slip through your fingers for God-knows-what political reasons, then their blood is on you. After tomorrow, if you do not speak up, fewer parents will want to meet with you. What comfort could you offer them? Your tears are not enough.
Please prayerfully consider what you will say tomorrow at the Islamic Center. We will all be listening. We will all be waiting to hear you uphold the oath of office you took – twice – to protect us.
May God have mercy on all of us, but particularly on you. You asked for this job, you fought hard for it. Now go out tomorrow and perform it.
This is your last chance to regain my loyalty, and I am sure that is true for many others who voted for you. If you do not stand up for the liberty you were so willing to name, then we are lost to you and can only wait in silence for you to leave.
I await your speech.
Sincerely, your fellow citizen,
General membership- Kuchuk – email@example.com
New Zealand – Sonya – firstname.lastname@example.org
California, USA – Kuchuk – email@example.com
Contact your local Coordinator to begin volunteering today! If there is no coordinator in your area contact Aeneas@vigilantfreedom.com to serve as a coordinator in Europe, or Christine@vigilantfreedom.com for US states or non-European countries.
If you have contributions for this newsletter, the Vigilant Freedom blog, or if you can help in developing our website – contact DKShideler
Questions about your membership? email firstname.lastname@example.org
If you aren’t registered yet, or if you are registered on the forum and just haven’t visited lately; join the action here – http://www.vigilantfreedom.org/910forum
Stop by the Vigilant Freedom/910 blog http://www.vigilantfreedom.org/910blog/ for current issues and public discussion.
DONATIONS: Fundraising efforts are underway, but we continue to rely on member donations for the bulk of our funds. Please help us further our efforts to fight creeping sharia and to counter Jihad. Donations are not yet tax-deductible. To Donate by credit card go to http://www.vigilantfreedom.org/ .
Center for Vigilant Freedom Inc
P.O Box 2773,
Fairfax,VA, 22031-9998 USA
The Vigilant Freedom/910 Group Newsletter is an educational service of the non-profit Center for Vigilant Freedom, Inc., P.O. Box 2773, Fairfax, VA 22031-9998, USA.
TEL: +1.703.879.1784 FAX +1.360.899.1784.